Saturday, July 28, 2012

Concrete Minerals: Arkham Collection

So a few weeks ago, I came across this company while looking around for new cosmetic lines to try out. And I must say, I love these pigments! They recently had a limited edition "Arkham" collection in celebration of Comic Con and The Dark Knight, and you know being a Batman fan, I just HAD to have these!

The collection comes with 4 sifter jars of colors; each one containing approximately 1.5 grams of pigments. The pigments are very pigmented and a little goes a long way. Its easy to blend and easy to apply with a mixing medium as well. Here are the names (which are awesome) and a couple of swatches: 

(Ace of Knaves is my absolute favorite!)

Ace of Knaves- Medium Purple with small glitter
Harley Girl- Orange/Red pigment with small glitter also
Bat Breaker- Gray/Green based pigment with a luminous highlight.
Poisonous Kiss- Red/Blue/Pink hues based pigment, very shimmery.


(swatched without any primer)


(swatched with primer and white cream shadow base)

I also created two different looks, Didnt want to pile the colors on just one eye so I did two two pigments on each eye. I only used a primer and cream white eyeshadow base. 

 For this look, I used Ace of Knaves and Harley Girl. Both shimmery with tiny glitter specks, I love them both.

For this one, I used Poisonous Kiss and Bat Breaker, these are just extremely shimmery, beautiful colors though.

Now after trying the product and seeing their payoff, Im very pleased. Concrete Minerals offers matte pigments, Im looking forward to buying those in the near future to try them. The company is 99% vegan; which means only a few of their products (mainly the highly rich colorful pigments) are not vegan.  The only con was the long shipping delivery but other than that, the products are awesome and I highly reccomend :) Today is your last chance to get this limited edition set so hurry!! 

Disclaimer: I was not paid nor sent products to test and review, I purchased these for personal use.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

XXOO,
-Mzsteriya

1 comment: